Reports & thoughts from Tehran based art space: parkingallery by its Art Director Amirali Ghasemi ...

Tuesday, October 12, 2004

13 video artworks From Iran In New Dehli

13 video artworks From Iran In New Dehli
Iranian Viedo artworks in india curated by Dr. Hamid Severi (I was his student in the Azad University...) TMCA's curator with some arworks of these folks: Farid jafari, Barbad Golshiri,Rozita Sharaf jahan, Neda Razavipour,Daryoush Mehrjoee, Mania Akbari,Simin Keramati, Maryam Niazadeh,Seyfolah Samadian,Ebrahim Haghighi,Zohreh Eskandari & Morteza Darebaghi,I refused to send artworks to him to review as I am not acceptbale one & I'm not his friend &I hate all these TMCA things & stuffs,aslo in my opinion a curator should find the artists but here evertything is upside down, artists mostly find the curator sitting in his office & they ask him to accept them (this is just like begging some times). Amoung these collection Rozita Sharafjahan's video artworks [deep depression] was shown once in her own gallery the Tarahan Azad art gallery Tehran Feb 2004 (the exhibition which I curated), Farid Jafari who makes video artworks for many so called iranian video artists specially the Group 30+'s members called once & said: He (severi) wants to review the artworks wanna come i said no cause a good curator should come after these things not me! I meant visiting the exhibitions, going to artists' studios & ... is their job! ( As many international cuartors came here to parkingallery to see our artworks) We don't have to wait at their door! & this is the result there is no image in the news just some lines & no feed back, that's all!

No comments: