Reports & thoughts from Tehran based art space: parkingallery by its Art Director Amirali Ghasemi ...

Monday, August 11, 2003

I found a document of my video diaries,I thaught It might be ...

During my digital photography I've recorded many short films with my Sony DSC-F707 camera. I had never reviewed them carefully before last Monday when I received a phone call from the Artist's House Gallery. They invited me to join a video art exhibition very soon and asked me if I knew some other guys who had such artworks in that field .I remembered two of my friends who have had some experience in video art.

First, I recalled Golriz who was a fine art senior student in CSM College in London, then I thought my friend Yasser might join us he was an industrial design student in Honar University and he has some performances and installations here and there.

I decided to mix my previous short clips & sort them to create a new atmosphere out of them .I had to watch them carefully and choose some of those clips that were playable in public then sort them impressively.

I spent over 8 hours to find the best clips and 3 hours to sort them. I think that this collection may seem complicated & strange but I love it because it shows my tryout through my imaging challenge that I've had these years. but I unfortunately had recorded different kinds of music in them that were played from a radio or cassette player or were played live by some musicians.

I couldn't find Golriz but I sent Yasser's Video too. The opening is tomorrow and I 'm waiting…

No comments: